3 Easy Heatless Curls Hacks You Can Do At Home
We all know that too much heat can take a toll on your hair. All those beautiful curls you see in the social media world, got all fried at one point to another.
It will take a lot of hair products, time and effort to revive your heat damaged hair: deep conditioning every night, coating your hair with heat protectant spray every morning. That could be a lot of work and money!
But now, you can put that curling iron to rest, we will go heatless! Believe it or not, it can be done!
1. French Braids
- On a damp or dry hair, apply a leave-in conditioner to make sure your hair is hydrated overnight.
- Split your hair in half and create two French braids on each side. Keep them tied up before going to sleep. Leave it until the morning.
- Untie your hair and apply a small amount of dry shampoo for volume and texture.
- You may also add hair oil to minimize unwanted fizz.
2. Drinking Straws
Who would have thought that drinking straws can be used on your hair. This is actually an old-school hack transforming your hair from straight to a perfect curl. It’s pretty simple.
What you need:
- Pack of rubber bands
- Spray bottle filled with water
- A ton of plastic straws
What to do:
- Starting at the back of your head, tightly wrap a one-inch section of hair around the straw, from root to tip.
- Bend the straw and secure it with a rubber band.
- Continue bending and rubber banding until all your hair is wrapped.
- Unwind the straws the next morning one by one.
- Pull apart each curl with your fingers.
3. Pin Curls
- On a damp or dry hair, apply a leave-in conditioner or setting lotion to make sure your hair is hydrated.
- Part your hair into two or four or even eight sections. The more sections the tighter the curl is.
- Wrap half-inch section of your hair around your finger.
- Pin them in place with two bobby pins in a crisscross shape.
- Repeat the entire process until all the sections are pinned.
- For perfect result, let it set for two days.
- Spray a small amount of hair mist and avoid touching them as much as possible.
Try one of these and see the magic unfolds before your eyes (and head)!