What's the Difference?
The Untangled Team has worked day in and day out to educate ourselves on all things hair! During our brand conception process where we decided what kinds of hair extensions we wanted to create, we needed to understand the differences between various hair types and materials. In an effort to be as transparent as possible, we want to share with you an “At-A-Glance” look at what differentiates various types of hair extensions.
We encourage you to try it all! Be fearless! Find what feels good!
Part of the fun of hair and all things beauty is getting to test drive new looks and styles. Whether you’re feeling like you’re in a lull of your personal style, or want to enhance what you already have going, there’s a hair extension for you!
We invite you to learn alongside us as we continue to uncover and share all things hair with you - our Untangled muses!
- Easiest material to acquire and most cost-efficient quality of hair extension
- Made from synthetic microfibers that mimic the look of “pre-styled” human hair
- High-quality Synthetic Hair, although "pre-styled," will allow you to use light heat to make it blend into your own hair
- Low-quality Synthetic Hair will burn and be destroyed with any type of heat application
“NOTE: Here at Untangled, we’re sourcing high quality Synthetic Hair that allow for a low heat setting to be applied!”
- As expected, this is real Human Hair sourced from a human donor
- Human Hair has been exposed to processing (i.e. heat, color, etc.)
- Hair cuticle isn’t always facing the same way, so the quality isn’t as superior as Remy Hair
- Can withstand heat, due to processing that improves durability of hair texture
- Highest quality of hair extensions in terms of durability and how long they last
- Hair cuticle faces the same way to support a beautiful, smooth texture
- Can withstand heat with a very minimal damaging effect due to superior durability
- ***Virgin Hair (Unprocessed Human Hair) is always classified as Remy Hair
Once you decide on the quality of hair you want to invest in, be wary of sourcing! There is definitely a difference between Synthetic Hair Extensions or Remy Hair Extensions depending on where a company is supplying their materials from.
When sourcing our Synthetic Hair for our kick-off product launch, we tested countless of manufacturers for months in order to make sure we were providing the most natural looking synthetic option, which is how we promise to bring all of our products to our shop - with patience and careful consideration!
We can’t wait to continue launching more hair extensions and accessories for you as we find superior manufacturing and sourcing options.
Stay tuned for our Remy Hair Extensions coming in Fall 2019!